Access information and resources to prevent and prepare for emergency animal diseases, including:
- lumpy skin disease (LSD)
- foot-and-mouth disease (FMD)
- African swine fever (ASF)
These have the potential to cause significant and far-reaching impacts to Australia’s livestock industries, including considerable economic losses and restrictions.
Make sure you:
What you can do to prepare
You know your animals best. Make sure you:
- look for and know the signs of LSD (cattle and buffalo) FMD (cloven-hoofed animals) and ASF (pigs)
- report suspected cases of emergency animal diseases to your veterinarian and the Emergency Animal Disease Watch Hotline on 1800 675 888 immediately
- protect your livestock and livelihood by:
What to do if there is an outbreak
Visit the Animal Health Australia website to understand the steps taken if there is an outbreak of LSD, FMD or ASF.